Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bah Humbug

I want to write a nice long post today. I have lots of awesome ideas in my head that I am just dying to share. I won't though. After a week of really awesome days, I ran into a stretch of "Other" days. I am not sure if I am coming down with the bug that is going around, or if it just the pendulum swinging to the other end of the spectrum for awhile. All I really know is that I am tired, sore, and I can't see straight.

So, I will instead just say that I hope everyone else is having an awesome week. Go kiss your kids, or love up on your Other Half, or snuggle your pet, or whatever. In the post-holiday decompression phase that we are in, it is important to remember that we don't HAVE to run around freaking out. Last year is gone, this year is here, and let us spend every moment doing the best we can for ourselves and our families.

Over the past few weeks, several people have made the journey to the other side. I did not know all of them personally, but it can be just as painful watching someone close to you lose a loved one and feeling helpless to do anything for them. I look at my family and they seem so much more precious to me in the light of that. I fervently hope I can cherish their moments as long as I have breath in my body.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment