Thursday, May 20, 2010

Well, that sucked...

Apparently, I am not allowed to get overly excited about anticipating anything or else it will be yanked away from me within moments of coming to fruition.
What I said before about working for a private company is odd because they can just hand out jobs to whomever they wish? Yeah... The job I was going to interview today was promised to yet another relative of the owner's family. (that makes TWO!)  I got that call 30 minutes before the interview was scheduled to happen. I guess I should be thankful I actually got that call in time. That would have been an awkward meeting otherwise.
     "Hi, I'm here for the interview."
     "What interview?"
     "The interview for the open position?"
     "There IS no open position?"
     "What about the call yesterday....?"
     "Oh, you mean the position we gave away to another relative without an interview? Oh... THAT position..."

So, back to square one. I managed to squeeze one more week out of this assignment before the company is overrun with familial interns. After next week though, there is no telling.

For those of you out there who are the praying type, please say a prayer for me? A prayer that I don't go crazy and explode...

Debbie "Letdown" Lollar

No comments:

Post a Comment